Friday, January 8, 2010

13wks down only 27 to go...

So I thought I would write a little about how this pregnancy has been so far. Like I said in my last blog we found out we were pregnant in November and as soon as we got the news to the doctor they put me on a strict regimen of baby aspirin, 3x's the amount of folic acid, a prenatal vitamin, and supplemental progesterone daily. The first 11.5 wks flew by and were really uneventful. At 11 wks 4days however things took a little bit of a turn. I had some bleeding and had to go to the E.R. We feared the worse but were semi-reassured when we found out that the baby was fine (in fact it was moving around like crazy) and its heartbeat was 176 ("good and strong"). It turns out I have a small tear in my placenta. This sounds scary but is one of the few conditions that doesn't affect the baby. So YAY! I am just on modified bedrest which means no heavy lifting (no more than a gallon of milk-sorry Jonas), not a lot of walking (which seems pretty vague if you ask me), and as much rest as possible (laying or sitting in the bed). This was supposed to only last 3wks but today it got extended another 3wks. So I will be pretty much in the bed until 16wks. It will all be so worth it though so I just have to keep my eyes on the goal. Most people's reaction when I tell them about this "modified bed rest" is a sarcastic "Oh poor you, you have to get Andrew to do everything that must be so bad." Well trust me the first three days were pretty good I was given full permission to be lazy, but after that I have quickly learned that resting is a full-time job. It is hard to rely on people for everything, but it is definitely a lesson in humility and sacrifice. So while I rely on everyone else I have to remember that I have one little tiny being that is relying on me for everything and that is my number one job right now. So other than that things are moving right along. The baby is the size of a small peach and next week will be the size of a lemon (that is just CRAZY). It is fully formed now and just needs to fine tune all its organs for the next 27wks. I am so blessed to have this experience and haven't once taken it for granted. It is crazy that God gives us women the amazing gift of actually carrying a human being inside us while He fully forms all its parts. That is a concept that I don't think I will ever get over.

In other news...
We told our adoption agency that we are pregnant and they were so excited. They said it will not affect our adoption at all and in fact they have had several birth families come in recently. Maybe one of those families will be ours...We cannot wait to meet both of our new children. God is just incredible!

oh p.s. I promise I will have belly pics soon...right now there's not too much to show...

No comments: