Wednesday, January 20, 2010

This baby is grounded...




Andrew and I have already discussed it and we have decided that when this baby gets here it is going to be grounded for at least the first year of its life. Just when we think everything is about to return back to normal...normal seems to elude us. This week it all started last thursday. My bleeding had finally stopped and the doctors gave me the green light to go on our Mid-Winter Retreat with our 7th and 8th graders. I got really excited and other than needing frequent naps, the weekend was wonderful. We had a great time with the kids, Jonas had a great time with his friend Hope and her family, and we spent the entire day Monday resting up. Jonas was acting a little under the weather but nothing major. Monday night we had a friend bring us dinner (thanks again Christine) and everything seemed headed toward normal. That was until about nine o'clock. I went to the bathroom and passed a pretty big clot, which mildly alarmed me. Soon though I started feeling a little sick at my stomach but after a couple of hours it passed. When Tuesday morning came I called the doctors and told them about the clot so they could put it in my chart. However, they seemed more than mildly alarmed and told me to come in immediately for an ultrasound. An hour (and another 5 yrs off my life; again this baby is grounded) later we found out everything is perfectly normal and apparently the clot was the last hoorah because they think the tear has even healed...yay! So we went home elated and sporting pictures of our "lemon-sized baby." I was told to go back on bed rest until 16wks but everything was great! A few hours after we got home Andrew started feeling sick and as it turns out got the worst case of the stomach flu in our house. He was up all night and is still recovering. He's actually not even going to church tonight so he must feel pretty horrible. Hopefully soon we will be able to find whatever normal we can. As for Jonas he is at a friends because neither of his parents can care for him, but he doesn't seem to mind:) He's getting all kinds of attention and special outings. He should be home soon and it will be family nap time. I will leave you with some absolutely priceless pics of our new baby:)

No comments: